Luxury Streamside Cabin
Our secluded luxury STREAMSIDE Cabin, Brevard NC is the best in outdoor living with mountain streams and waterfalls. Downstairs consists of a large gathering room with rock creek fireplace. Galley style, state of the art kitchen, has high end appliances. Glassed in breakfast room opens onto lovely views of the outdoor fireplace. Downstairs has the first floor bedroom with Tempur-Pedic queen bed and a full bath. Upstairs has 2 bedrooms and full bath. Master bedroom has Natura Organic king bed along with it’s own private balcony overlooking the open field. 3rd bedroom is spacious and bright with Natural Organic twin beds and it’s own window seat that overlooks the cascading streams. Large and sunny front deck with comfortable seating is another favorite gathering spot. Streamside Cabin’s stone patio has a professional gas grill, large teak dining table and the warmth of a glowing fire from stone fireplace making dining a pleasure under a beautiful starlit sky.
• Sleeps 6
• $340 per night
• $2050 per week plus tax
• $200 refundable damage deposit
• $150 Cleaning Fee
• 3 night minimum stay
• No Pets
• No Smoking
- Kitchen- fully equipped – range, microwave, refrigerator, ice maker, disposer, pot filler over range, chef’s cookware, paper towels
- Breakfast Room – spacious seating for 6.
- Gathering Room – wood burning fireplace, flat screen television, DVD, WIFI, ceiling fan, game table with 4 very comfortable chairs.
- Downstairs Bedroom – Tempur-Pedic queen mattress, fresh linens and ceiling fan.
- Downstairs Bathroom – extra-large soaking tub with shower, copper vessel bowl on granite counter top, plush towels, toilet tissue, Eco soap and heated tile floors.
- Laundry closet -stacked Maytag washer dryer, laundry detergent
- Upstairs Master Bedroom – Natura Organic king mattress, ceiling fan, fresh linens, private balcony overlooking stream.
- Upstairs Bath – tub/ shower combination, vanity, plush towels, Eco soap, toilet tissue, hair dryer and heated tile floors.
- Upstairs Twin Bedroom – Natura Organic extra- long twin mattresses, fresh linens and ceiling fan
- Central air and heat dual zone.
- Exterior Front – large deck with rocking chairs and upholstered seating.
- Exterior Back – stone patio with overhead trellis and fan, stacked stone wood burning fireplace with gas igniter, deluxe gas grill, large teak dining table. “Summer House” overlooking fire pit and stream great for reading a book, taking a nap or just enjoying the sounds of the stream and waterfalls
- Special feature – fire pit 5 feet from stream. Firewood provided, waterfalls and stream bordered by 8000 acres of forestry.
Rustic Elegance at its Best!
Perfectly Appointed, Lovely Place for a Getaway
July 22, 2016
Streamside Home is a perfectly appointed small house, with lovely and thoughtful decor, well-equipped for cooking (full range of herbs and spices, for example) with a great outdoor grilling and eating area (even has an outdoor overhead fan to help keep heat down and bugs away). It’s spacious enough to relax in, with a good-sized living room area equipped with a TV, oversized coffee table, and a full game table. The nearby stream is lovely and there is a generous grassy area next to the house. It comfortably housed all 6 of us (5 adults and a teenager). The front porch/deck is large, and there is even a little summer house with another porch and a lovely sitting area inside (but no AC or heat). The waterfall cabin is nearby, but otherwise there are no other homes visible from the house. We will definitely return to this wonderful house, or try out the smaller adjacent waterfall cabin!
The location seemed out of the way at first – down a series of hair-pin curving roads south of Brevard, then down a single track gravel road – but once we got our bearings, we realized how close we were to hikes and waterfalls in DuPont Forest, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and many other beautiful sites and activities. Hendersonville and Brevard were close enough to have afternoons or evenings in town. Perfect Wi-Fi at the house – but for most, there is no cell phone coverage until you get a few miles away.
The owner is incredibly welcoming and responsive to questions, which is also a real plus. He answered questions about the house prior to our stay and about the area during our stay – and he always got back to me very quickly by email or phone. He also put us in touch with a terrific guy who does tours of waterfalls, especially many that we didn’t know about or wouldn’t have been able to visit on our own (since they are on private land). He’s also a great naturalist and resource for area hiking.
Awesome get away
July 8, 2016
We wanted a vacation to unplug and spend time as a family. THF was perfect for this. We hiked during the day. We came back to the cabin at night to cook together as a family. We also played games and had lots of laughs. This was by fair one of our best vacations. The cabin was perfect!!! Thank You Jim and we will definitely be back!!
July 4, 2016
Our family loved our stay in the cabin. It was so peaceful being nestled back in the woods along with the sound of the stream. The modern touches in the house and lovely decorations made for a wonderful experience. Our family enjoyed sitting around the fireplace each night talking and enjoying the sounds of nature. There is a lot to do in the surrounding area if you’re patient and willing to take a drive. Our favorite spots were Skinny Dip Falls, Bird Rock Falls, fishing and the waterfalls and river at Dupont State Forest. It was a great weekend being unplugged and in touch with nature and family.
November 30, 2015
My family and I rented the Streamside Home for 5 days prior to Thanksgiving. Coming from south Florida, the place offered us the perfect escape: cool weather, mountain views, and seclusion. The house is open to lots of space and my two kids (ages 5 and 8) played outside non-stop. My husband and I couldn’t get over how beautifully decorated, clean and well-appointed the house was. My 76 year-old father absolutely loved relaxing by the fire and roasting hot dogs and s’mores with his grand kids. There is truly is something for everyone and every age. You can do as little, or as much as you’d like. We did a kid-friendly hike, visited the Biltmore Estate and took Craig Miller’s Waterfall Tour; all of which were fantastic. The house is secluded enough to feel like you are really escaping from it all while being close enough to Brevard for convenience. We visited the town several times for dinner with Hob Nob and Square Root being our favorites. Kids (and adults) will love shopping at O.P. Taylor’s Toy Store too! Booking our stay with Jim was a real pleasure. He was knowledgeable about local activities and was easy to work with. We can’t wait to return in the summer to try a little trout fishing!
October 20, 2015
What a beautiful home! Our family enjoyed a lovely stay and we can not wait to return. The home is beautifully decorated with comfortable beds and great linens. The home is cozy, comfortable and has everything you need! Hearing the rushing water of the stream is relaxing. Jim is wonderful to work with and was willing to answer many questions as we planned our NC trip. This is an awesome place!
-Kelley. Jacksonville FL
Recommended for: Girls getaway, , Romantic getaway, Families with teenagers